Friday, September 9, 2011

Pink and Brown

I have been a bit light on the posts this week.  Something about the gray weather has left me a little blue. This is also the week of the anniversary of the death of my grandfather, in addition to the national tragedy that the nation experienced a decade ago (yeah, that was a bad year).  I still miss him terribly.  My grandfather was an extraordinary person.  At some point, I'll write a post about him to share with all of you.  I have to say, one of the most cherished things in my life has been to have my grandparents in my life well into my twenties.  My grandmother is still alive and kicking and I am grateful to have her.  The love from one's grandparent's is truly unconditional and for me, it has shaped the person I have become.

Today's outfit is one I am especially proud of.  The whole thing is thrifted.  The dress is Anne Klein, the bolero thing is express, and the shoes are Fratelli Rossetti.  I love this outfit because it fits and yes, I feel hot in it.

Dress: Ann Klein (thrifted); top: Express (thrifted); Shoes: Fratelli Rossetti (thrifted)

2 comments:

  1. lol! You LOOK hot in it, too! :D Pink and brown is a lovely combination. I especially love the shade of that shrug.

    So sad about your grandfather. It's wonderful that you have such good memories, though. I lost my grandfathers all when I was young, but granmdas are still around. You are so right; they contribute SO much to our lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great together! :) Love the length of the dress!

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete