Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Finally Spring

Well spring has finally arrived.  Boy are we having April showers.  Given the less than stellar weather, we better have some extra ordinary May flowers.  The hubs is on a jet plane to see his mother on the other side of the planet.  She has ovarian cancer and has had a serious setback.  My mother in law (who in my opinion is as close to perfect as a human being can get) has been bravely fighting her disease for over a year now.  Unfortunately, her cancer has returned, so her battle continues.  Despite her setback, she is up to her awesome self, comforting her family and just setting an example of a what a model human being should be.  I am glad that the hubs is going, it will cheer her up.  Anyway, this season reminds me of her.  Spring to me is when nature often shows us her awesome beauty (which my mother in law is).  Spring is one of my top seasons, and my dear mother in law is very near the top of my list of favorite people, so I suppose when I see all the flowers bloom, and the gray in my commute burst into color, I can't help but be reminded of the one adult in my life that takes the time to tell me how wonderful she thinks I am AND gives me an example of how to lead my life with grace, compassion, strength, and dignity. I will write about her in another post (she is so incredible, she really should have a whole book written about her), I'm just not up to it today.  So to bring  you the drama of the season, I present to you, the burst of renewal from my back yard:

DSC04201

DSC04206

DSC04210

DSC04211

No comments:

Post a Comment