Tuesday, May 3, 2011

For the Love of Dogs

So while the hubs was away, visiting his ailing mother :(, I got a dog. The hubs has wanted a golden retriever for a long time, and I love animals, but wanted to get one from a shelter (I think all pets deserve good homes). Well as fate would have it, last Wednesday I was working from home and a lovely golden retriever, only 16 months old, came up for adoption at the SPCA down the street from our house (a little bit of background: we have been trying to adopt a dog for about a year, but nothing had worked out). Of course I went to investigate and came home with our new family member. This is the first dog I have ever owned, and I have no idea why I waited so long. This lovely, 100 pound (she is a little portly), furry, bundle of joy is just a delight. I come home everyday to a welcome of extreme happiness and dancing that just puts a smile on my face no matter how crappy the day. The hubs is absolutely delighted with his new four legged daughter (it was love at first sight). She has already figured out that he is the one who will give in. In addition to her sweet temperment, dancing, and general cuteness, she has made a very difficult period in our lives a little bit easier to bear. I am grateful to the person who took the difficult decision to give her up. So with that, here are some pics of our gorgeous golden girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment