Thursday, May 19, 2011

In Memory

I have some sad news: my lovely mother in law lost her battle with cancer on Sunday.  The Mr. flew to be with his father for the funeral.  Since my in laws live overseas, it was not possible for both of us to go.  It is still to soon for me to do a post about her.  In the next few weeks, I will share with all of you what an amazing, wonderful woman the world has lost.  Today's outfit is in memory to her.  The sweater shawl I am wearing was a gift from her.  It is an extra special gift because my father in law got it for her when he was in Romania.  I was touched that she gave this to me, since I know how much it meant to her.  I don't wear this often (for fear of ruining it), but today was the perfect day to wear it.  The skirt is something I thrifted at Goodwill recently (Lapis), as are the shoes (Kenneth Cole Reaction).  The top is from Target, and I can't remember where I got the belt.  I wore the sweater shawl all day, but without the shawl, this is a great casual outfit.

At the office
Around Town (probably thrifting)

1 comment: