Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Little Bohemian

The day was slightly busy today.  I worked on actual work as well as grew my office art gallery (since I am out of office supplies, I have moved onto origami).  My boss' reaction?  "That's a little scary."  My response, "Scary good, or scary bad?"  He didn't elaborate since we were in the middle of a meeting.  Being that he is a bit of a smart ass, I'm sure this is not the last commentary I will get from him regarding my masterpieces. 

So it turns out that mother nature is going to strike North Carolina this weekend in the form of hurricane Irene.  Yay! I can't wait.  I am already preparing for the travel hell that will surely be a part of my experience this weekend.  It's a shame, I was really looking forward to this weekend.

Well, I'm trying not to dwell on the impending weekend of natural disaster as it is bumming me out.  So on to today's outfit.  I was feeling a little bohemian today.  Bohemian is probably what matches my personality best.  Being an eccentric, hermit fits into the bohemian free and mixed style.  I love this style because it has few rules, requires fun and exotic patterns, and most importantly, is fully of color.  The outfit today is how I interpret the bohemian style.  I am probably totally off, but who cares, right?  As long as one feels terrific in what they wear, that is all that really matters.  I decided awhile ago that life is too short to worry about other people's perceptions of one's appearance.  Perhaps this wasn't the most work appropriate outfit, but sometimes you have to show your real self, even if it is just for a moment.


1 comment: