Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Color Tour - Day 33 and 34

We had a lovely weekend.  On Saturday we went to Monticello, NY so the hubs could drive on a race track.  This was his first experience and he seemed to enjoy it.  I was a passenger and a professional race car driver drove a couple of laps, it was fun.  Then today we explored a little bit of southern Vermont.  It was breathtaking.  The fall color was in all it's glory.  Since it was slightly overcast, the colors seemed more brilliant.  This is my first trip to Vermont and I can see why the people who live there love their state.  I don't know how anyone can be in bad mood when they wake up to stunning vistas everyday.  The landscape is very mountainous, so it makes the scenery very dramatic.

Here is a picture of a pretty spot in Monticello, where we went on Saturday.  We happened upon this lovely spot as we were driving to Vermont.  The picture next to is what I ended up wearing.  I was feeling a bit daring and decided to go for the mini skirt.  My newfound weight loss has had the added benefit of increased self confidence.  The jacket is Moda internation, the top is ICE, the skirt is r21, the leggings are from a store in the mall (I think they are called the sock store-I know very original), and I don't remember where I got the shoes.

                    


We stayed near Lake George, NY, another beautiful place.  Lake George is located in the Adirondeck region of New York.  The following morning after breakfast we took these pictures of the lake.




Afterwards we made our way to Rutland, Vermont.  The drive itself was stunning.  It was slightly overcast today, so the colors on the leaves really popped out.  Here are few pictures.




This is what I wore today.  The weather was really lovely (in the 60's) so it made this whole weekend very enjoyable.  I absolutely love this color green.  Something about the shade is incredibly soothing.  I don't remember where I bought the sweater.  The skirt is from Old Navy, the tights are Anne Klein, and I don't remember where I got the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment