Wednesday, June 15, 2011

CSA Time! :)

Well its that time of year again.  That's right I'm talking about the CSA (community supported agriculture).  My pick up day is Monday this year, which actually has been working out well.  It starts the week off on a positive note.  I LOVE the CSA.  This is one of the best decisions I have made (the other was adopting my dog  Maya).  The food tastes incredible, my community is supported, since it is an organic operation it is good for the environment (not to mention the savings in transportation), and as a bonus, the Mr. is finally eating his vegetables (he is not a fan of things that are green).  I find it to be incredibly relaxing as well.  Something about seeing the food being grown brings me back to what it is all about.  I have been pretty good about cooking things regularly (another CSA benefit), but this weeks things have slipped.  Work has been exhausting.  On the career front, I have an interview at another company on Friday.  I am very excited about this opportunity.  While I like who I work with, the promotion limbo has become frustrating.  (It doesn't help that I have been working above my job description without an increase in pay, recognition, or career benefit in a year and a half.)  That being said, I wasn't looking for another job, a recruiter contacted me and this company did work that would provide me some much needed experience in a different area.  I always say: "if opportunity knocks, you should at least open the door and inquire."  Whether it works out or not, it will help me brush up on my interview skills.  In general, I enjoy job interviews.  I find a good  interview is one in which both the employer and interviewee are both being evaluated to determine a good fit.  Anyway, here's hoping  it goes well.  Below  are pics of what I wore Monday and Today (Tuesday is not noteworthy).  As a bonus I added a recent picture of Maya sitting in her lookout chair (she looks out the window from this chair).
Monday:
Top: H&M (thrifted)
Skirt: Don't  Know
Belt: Ralph Lauren (thrifted)
Shoes: Joey 
Today:
Dress: Nine West
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Earrings & Pendant: Self-made

Maya sitting on her lookout chair

No comments:

Post a Comment