Friday, July 22, 2011

106 Degrees!

You read that right, it was 106 degrees outside on my drive back from work.  It was 90 on the way to work.  I heard on the radio that in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia it was 90 degrees.  I don't know about you, but something seems off about that.  Maya is probably boiling.  (The Mr. is out right now hunting down a portable air conditioner.)  Since I couldn't very well go to work naked today, I wore this whimsical red paisley number.  It also happens to be made with silk.  Silk......., sorry, my brain sort of stops working when I utter the name of this luxurious material.  I bought this at a Goodwill awhile ago and loved it because it is red, flowy, has paisley print, and of course, is made out of silk.  I will officially come out of the paisley closet and admit I love this frumpy kind of print.  The color combinations are so endless, it suits my eccentric style.

The sandals I purchased at a DSW a few days ago.  I thought they were kinda expensive, but the Mr. was so insistent I caved.  They have a made-in-ancient-Rome look.  Having been to Rome, a very charming city, I love how these shoes remind me of that fantastic trip (I went with my mom, who had never been to a European city).  Finally we come to the jewelry.  I made the earrings, necklace, and bracelet.  The ring was a gift from my grandmother.  I would write something more witty today, but it is just too hot.

Dress: Ice (thrifted)
Shoes: MIA
Jewelry: Made by me

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, that is positively roasting! You have dressed perfectly for the weather! <3 I love your laid back dress, and the colour is divine!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sandals are gorgeous! And I don't think paisley is a frumpy print at all. I completely understand the heat! We had a heat index of 116 the other day!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete