Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Got the Job!

I got an offer for the interview #2!  Some much needed validation, since interview #1 didn't yield good results.  Now comes of the hard part of trying to decide to accept or not.  I will hear about the promotion this week as well, so hopefully by Friday I'll have enough info to make a sound decision.  I told my boss that I got an offer.  It is only fair, given I really like her and the people I work with.  I've been told that it is a good thing for one's employer to know that they may lose a valued employee (according to my boss I'm a valued employee, well that's what she tells me anyway).  Regardless, I think the outcome will be a good one.

The renovation of the craft room is coming along nicely.  I have primed the walls, added texture to all of them, and have painted 3 walls.  I still need to add texture to the slanted portions (I have a cape cod style home) and paint the remaining walls.  I decided to go with a cheery lime green for the walls.  The accessories will be burgundy and deep purple.  I can't wait for it to be completed so that I can share with all of you.  Bright green may seem over the top, but hey, you only live once.  On glum days I am hoping the in-your-face-be-happy color will cheer me up.  Now many of you may wonder why on earth I would texture my walls.  Very simple: hideous, shellacked, poorly installed wood paneling.  After 4 layers of primer, the shellack was still bleeding through.  Fortunately, it is not bleeding through the paint.  I don't have the funds to hire someone to redo the upstairs with sheetrock and such, so the best alternative was texture.  The paint is a matte finish, so the texture does not look bad.  The walls look generally even, which is a much welcome change from before.  I'm thinking I will be done with this project this weekend and then I can FINALLY get to some sewing and crafts.  I can't wait, it will be stupendous :).  Below is what I wore today.  This dress is thrifted and a size 8.  It fit a whole lot better when I weighed more.  Now at a size 0, it is a wee bit big.  Hence the oversized belt.  Once the craft room is complete, this will be one dress in the alterations pile.  I hope everyone had a lovely 4th.

Dress: Jeremy Spencer (thrifted)
Shoes: Moda
Belt: from another dress (Kohls)
Jewelry: made by me

No comments:

Post a Comment