Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Ode to the Edwardian Era- Day 9

As I was picking out my outfits for this week, I discovered that I own alot of black clothing.  So the theme for this week is to wear clothing that is not black.  Only black accesories allowed.  Today's outfit was inspired by the Edwardian era.  I love old things, and I especially love the clothing of the Victorian and Edwardian period.  I love the lace, the rich fabrics, the craftsmanship, and the formality.  We don't have enough places to dress up and feel pretty anymore.  It's a shame, because as women living in a society where every female image is retouched, we are in dire need of situations to feel beautiful.  So here is my out fit for today.  The pants are from Kohls.  The shirt is Limited, but it is thrifted.  The blazer is also Limited, and I don't remember where I got it.  The belt is from Express, and the shoes are BCBG.

No comments:

Post a Comment