Monday, September 13, 2010

Small Projects to Keep Life Interesting

I having been thinking alot recently about the current state of affairs in the world and trying to find some meaning in my small corner of it.  So I have decided to wear a different outfit everyday to work from my existing wardrobe to see how long I can go without repeating what I wear.  As a society whose economic system relies heavily on consumption, we Amercians have alot of stuff.  Books, clothes, shoes, purses, toys, dishes, you name it, we have it.  Some of us have so much of this stuff that we find ourselves renting space outside of our homes to try to store it all.  I am hoping this experiment will teach me to a) appreciate what I have, b) unleash my creativity, and c) demonstrate that even someone living an ordinary middle class American life is wealthier than most other human beings on this planet.  I don't know if I will get all this meaning by doing this silly thing, but learning to love what you have is something we should probably all try to strive for a  little bit more.  So with that, here's a picture of what I wore today.  On a side note, the lace top and jewelry are the only items in this outfit that were not thrifted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment